No announcement yet.

Want to make the switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still haven't seen much poop. It's like he is trying to poop but the only thing that comes out is a very very loose stool. Very tiny in size

Comment

If he is straining add a little bit of liver twice a week. Start with one chicken liver.

Comment

So now it's like he went from almost having no poop to having diarrhea but not vomit. Should I just throw in some extra bones with no meat at all or maybe add a probiotic?

Comment

More bone, less meaty meat, no skin, no organs-- but don't over do the bone. This is exactly what happens with most dogs. He just needs gradually more bone for a couple of days. Reach a bone level that works, (look at the poo) then gradually back down from it. Key word: gradually
          Tracy
          sigpic
          Mouse April 2010
          Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Ok I'm sure you guys are tired of me bothering y'all, but I've added more bone and still no change. It's almost like he's peeing outta his butt �� I don't know what else to do from here. I'm trying not to lose faith but this is getting frustrating because I want to stay raw. Plus Titan actually loves the food! Instead of grazing his kibble he demolishes the raw food. I'm pretty sure if I put down 10lbs he would eat it all!

Maybe chicken doesn't agree with him and try a different protien source? What would be the best option?
            Last edited by Zeus123; 09-20-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

What exactly are you feeding him? And how much? Some chicken from the grocery store has a lot of sodium added, you may need to rinse it very well. Are you removing the skin? Over feeding will also cause loose stool.

Comment

I'm feeding him about 3.5lbs split into two meals a day. I'm just using leg quarters right now without the skin. I haven't been able to find chicken backs around here.

That's based off of 3% of 120#. He's currently at about 83ish
                Last edited by Zeus123; 09-20-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I would cut back slightly to see if it helps. The % is a good starting point but all dogs are different, I have one who eats 3-4% just to maintain, and one who gets fat on anything more than 1.5% or so. Also try rinsing the chicken.

Comment

Well the only reason I started at 3% was because he's a little on the super lean side. I know he's a growing puppy, but he could use a couple extra pounds on him

Comment

Cut out the big muscle in the quarter and re-freeze and save for later. Quarters are usually too much meat to start out. Can you find some turkey necks or wings?
                      Tracy
                      sigpic
                      Mouse April 2010
                      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus123 View Post
                        Well the only reason I started at 3% was because he's a little on the super lean side. I know he's a growing puppy, but he could use a couple extra pounds on him
                        Don't worry about those couple extra pounds until he gets adjusted to the new diet. Once everything straightens out you can try adding some extra back in and see what that does for him.
                        sigpic
                        Fergus
                        SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                        Eisen Shark
                        C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Working...
                        X