No announcement yet.

How do I start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of weeks of straight chicken won't be harmful. It's long-term poultry only that isn't recommended.

Not sure about sups during the start-up. I didn't add anything, personally. I wanted to make sure I was only introducing one thing at a time. I went two weeks of chicken quarters with some backs thrown in to increase the bone. None of my crew had bad poos during start-up, but my border collie threw up the turkey neck bones for awhile when I added those. She can eat them fine now.
    Tracy
    sigpic
    Mouse April 2010
    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

A probiotic is sometimes beneficial when you start raw. Can also give a little plain yogurt per meal. This will help with digestion.

Comment

I will definitely look into Blue Ridge Beef i would happily spend $1.50 per pound!!! I have been feeding other meat when I can get it at a reasonable price but I have to look at economics too....sounds like BRB could be a great source. Wish I were closer to Ocean Blue...not to mention it has been WAY too cold for me in North Florida the past week or so.

As to size...my puppy who has had a lot of chicken (with some beef. liver and pork when I can get it reasonably) is BIG. She's not yet 6 months (til January 31st) and is nearly 30 inches and over 100#. Condition...perfect....joints...perfect. Zoomies....YES!!!!!!!!!!

I had been reading some good things about coconut oil. I bought a huge jar at Costco for a reasonable price a long time ago and keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh (it's hard like a rock in the fridge) I had been planning on giving some to the dogs. How much...teaspoon...tablespoon? BTW...it's the BEST EVER makeup remover
        sigpic
        Ashley (8/28/06), Sweet Pea (7/31/15) and Kaylee (3/30/07) Love my spotty girls!!
        R.I.P. My Sweet Molly (12/17/2000 5/28/13) I will never forget you.

Comment

One or two tablespoons per day. I don't keep mine in the fridge. It's not necessary. It is liquid at room temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
            One or two tablespoons per day. I don't keep mine in the fridge. It's not necessary. It is liquid at room temperature.
            I realize that...it's just that I didn't use that much...this is like a 3 pound jar...quart and a half maybe... and I didn't want it to get stale. I set it out for a while to soften and take out smaller portions...a cup or so...and put it into smaller containers for daily use. If I start giving it to the dogs I maybe I won't feel the need to refrigerate.
            sigpic
            Ashley (8/28/06), Sweet Pea (7/31/15) and Kaylee (3/30/07) Love my spotty girls!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
              OH...and thanks! I would have guessed maybe a tablespoom but it's good to know what others are doing
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemydanes View Post
                I will definitely look into Blue Ridge Beef i would happily spend $1.50 per pound!!! I have been feeding other meat when I can get it at a reasonable price but I have to look at economics too....sounds like BRB could be a great source. Wish I were closer to Ocean Blue...not to mention it has been WAY too cold for me in North Florida the past week or so.

As to size...my puppy who has had a lot of chicken (with some beef. liver and pork when I can get it reasonably) is BIG. She's not yet 6 months (til January 31st) and is nearly 30 inches and over 100#. Condition...perfect....joints...perfect. Zoomies....YES!!!!!!!!!!

I had been reading some good things about coconut oil. I bought a huge jar at Costco for a reasonable price a long time ago and keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh (it's hard like a rock in the fridge) I had been planning on giving some to the dogs. How much...teaspoon...tablespoon? BTW...it's the BEST EVER makeup remover
                Asaah's breeder isn't too far from you and she uses BRB, so there must be a distributer somewhere pretty close by. You can look on their website I believe.
                sigpic
                Chaucey
                Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                  Asaah's breeder isn't too far from you and she uses BRB, so there must be a distributer somewhere pretty close by. You can look on their website I believe.
                  Thanks...I did look at their website last night...there are a couple of distributers not far from me. I appreciate the suggestion
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X