Raw and Poop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw and Poop

We recently switched our boy onto a raw diet and he's doing SO well! I'll never feed kibble again and I don't know why we waited so long to make this switch. Anyhow, he is a much healthier dog all around, especially in the poop department. Only thing I have noticed is an increase in how often he poops. I am not exaggerating when I say he poops between 5-7 times a day. Small amounts each time, but my goodness! I know when we switched to raw we were told by many people that we could expect his poop to solidify, it would be almost white and crumbly, and that he would poop less. He poops way more now than he ever did on kibble, though he always had really bad diarrhea on kibble.

I'm not really concerned, I'm just wondering if anyone else has a dane on raw that poops this often. Thanks

Originally posted by CoralAnn View Post
    We recently switched our boy onto a raw diet and he's doing SO well! I'll never feed kibble again and I don't know why we waited so long to make this switch. Anyhow, he is a much healthier dog all around, especially in the poop department. Only thing I have noticed is an increase in how often he poops. I am not exaggerating when I say he poops between 5-7 times a day. Small amounts each time, but my goodness! I know when we switched to raw we were told by many people that we could expect his poop to solidify, it would be almost white and crumbly, and that he would poop less. He poops way more now than he ever did on kibble, though he always had really bad diarrhea on kibble.

I'm not really concerned, I'm just wondering if anyone else has a dane on raw that poops this often. Thanks
    Mine went from several times a day to once every day to day and a half when we switched. How long has he been on raw? Could he still been adjusting? 5-7 times a day is a LOT, and doesn't sound typical for a raw fed dog.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
      Mine went from several times a day to once every day to day and a half when we switched. How long has he been on raw? Could he still been adjusting? 5-7 times a day is a LOT, and doesn't sound typical for a raw fed dog.
      He's been on raw for at least 2 months now. It's just so odd because some days it's like clockwork. He eats, he poops. That's it, 2 poops. Then other days (and the majority of the time) he's pacing around and whining to go outside for a poop. He usually only drops 2-3 little nuggets and then he's happy. I'm just wondering if maybe when he goes out he isn't finishing his business.

Comment

Working...
      X