turkey wing - dang!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukers View Post
    LOLs I think dealing with cats would be worse than dogs... cats either are nice or absolutely a-holes with me. I could see them not wanting what I serve and tearing me up because of it (mew IDIOT muman, how dare mew hisss-erve me this, and meow mew must DIEEEEEEEE)
    Mine aren't mean, but sometimes Bella will turn up her nose at certain things...other things she loves, but barfs it up. Raw quail barf STINKS! Plus I had to put her back on canned food for a while to gain weight. She was barfing up most of her raw meals and lost 1 pound (out of a mere 7!). Darn cats barf at the drop of a hat.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Eewwww cat barf. They aren't as loud as dogs usually. And the worse is chicken barf I think. Depends how long it was in the stomach. Yuck, just gagged thinking about it.

Glad ur kitties are nice. I have owned two kittis and they were absolute dolls and great with my very young children. Feel like I got lucky and I am quite allergic to cats, dare I risk trying to find another kitty that doesn't mind getting washed and doesn't do crazy biting and clawing.

Duke will get another wing tomorrow but I am going to wack the upper part with the hammer. They are supposedly 33 percent bone, but seemed like a lot of skin/fat/tendons etc. I guess I never really noticed that when cooking a turkey before.

I still think duke is a total diva... I should have named him prince.
      sigpic
      Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

I served a turkey leg tonight. Even seared, Ferg told me to F off and just went to bed. Kids these days have no appreciation.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Fergus
        SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
        Eisen Shark
        C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Lols. They are so moped about it too. Sniff and then just turn around and lay in their bed and look around like they are surounded by idiots.
          sigpic
          Duke - 5/13/14

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Asaah is on her second day of no food except the meaty part of the wing she chewed off. I just keep offering what she didn't eat and she keeps giving me sad eyes.
            sigpic
            Chaucey

Comment

Day two here as well.

sigpic
              Fergus
              Eisen Shark

Comment

LOLS thanks guys. Now I don't feel bad
                sigpic
                Duke - 5/13/14

- Albert Einstein

Comment

I swear, if it weren't for Finn eating everything so well, I may have given up on raw. I can't handle barfing cats, and a dog and 2 cats that don't consistently eat their food. Crazy animals!
                  sigpic
                  Chaucey

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                    I swear, if it weren't for Finn eating everything so well, I may have given up on raw. I can't handle barfing cats, and a dog and 2 cats that don't consistently eat their food. Crazy animals!
                    Sometimes I'm tempted, a lot. Especially since #2 will not be eating raw.

sigpic
                    Fergus
                    Eisen Shark

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneRM82 View Post
                      Sometimes I'm tempted, a lot. Especially since #2 will not be eating raw.

No raw for #2, how come? Asaah actually ate her turkey wing, AND liver, AND some kidney! All it took was missing 2 meals and some Parmesan cheese
                      sigpic
                      Chaucey

Comment

I smacked the turkey wing with a hammer and magically duke ate his wing tonight. Although I wonder if the rabies vaccine wasn't cramping his style.

And I too wonder why number two not raw?!? Although with a diva I can kinda see why

Hoping duke doesn't get too bad. Honestly given the weekend and the first experience with a turkey wing I was MORE than elated that he ate aND didn't make a whole ordeal out of it all.

I can see where the assumed benefits of raw out weigh the effort if u have a kibble willing dog. Sometimes I only have 10 minutes in the morning and having Mr mcpicky is a pain in the arse, although given his kibble lacking voracious-Ness I figure we would be in the same boat Either way. Sometimes he feels like a nut and sometimes he doesn't lmfao.
                        sigpic
                        Duke - 5/13/14

- Albert Einstein

Comment

I just bought a bunch if turkey cuz it was so cheap and Sully won't eat it AT ALL!!! If I mix it with other meats he pulls it out and sets it aside!!!! Ugh!

Comment

Have you tried just a meal of turkey? And let him skip a few meals of he turns up his nose, just keep offering it. If that doesn't work, try a little Parmesan cheese on it, or give it a light sear for flavor, then next time sear it less, and less and less each time until he'll eat it raw. That was the advise I got from some of my co-op members that have been feeding raw for decades.
                            sigpic
                            Chaucey

Comment

Originally posted by christielee View Post
                              I just bought a bunch if turkey cuz it was so cheap and Sully won't eat it AT ALL!!! If I mix it with other meats he pulls it out and sets it aside!!!! Ugh!
                              My one pulls out the pieces of liver, and the other does that with kidney. It still baffles me how they can pick out the smallest pieces of meat and spit them back out.
                              Donna
                              Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
                              Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
                              Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus' Mom View Post
                                My one pulls out the pieces of liver, and the other does that with kidney. It still baffles me how they can pick out the smallest pieces of meat and spit them back out.
                                Asaah did the same thing with her hunk of kidney last night. Hubby put a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on it, but she got wise and licked it off and left the kidney! I chop the organs into small pieces and mix them in with ground stuff like blue ridge beef that they get occasionally, then she eats them with no problem . I'm going to try to find ground organs to give with meat meals, they eat them so much better. Must be a texture thing
                                sigpic
                                Chaucey

Comment

Working...
                                X