Pre-made raw.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-made raw.

I'm researching pre-made raw for when we go out of town and the dogs have to stay at my parents house. My mom is not excited about feeding parts and pieces...(she said she's a wimp and doesn't want to see it). So I'm thinking about vital essentials nibblets and/or patties. Anyone have any experience with these?
    We can get a few different brands at work. Vital essentials, primal, bravo and a couple others which I can't recall at the moment.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks.

I didn't know there was even such a thing until recently.

I found two like that at the ER vet who has a holistic partner.. SOJO and PetTao..

I'm looking into both of them.. I'm not sure PetTao has kibble.. I'm worried about that because of their teeth...

I'd really like to take advantage of raw... I just have to find something that works for us.
    Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

Just keep in mind that it will be pricey.
      I was going to put my pups on that while staying at the kennel but as it turns out the cost would have been, at minimum, about $250 plus for the two of them for a week.
      "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

Vital essentials is amazing stuff! One of the only treats (nibblets) Jazz is allowed. After her Pexi I did buy some of the patties for her, unfortunately we did learn that she cannot eat it so I donated a ton of premade raw patties to other people anyway super expensive but good stuff! I've used a bit of Bravo too, she didn't really care for it.
        sigpic
        Emily
        Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
        Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
        Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Thankfully I get a hefty discount where I work... But yeah, without that discount I wouldn't even be able to consider pre-made because of the price. We usually don't go away for more than a few days without the dogs so it wouldn't be too bad for that short period.

We have a grinder so I have considered making my own ground and putting it in sausage casings...

Comment

Working...
          X