Need a question answered asap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a question answered asap

So, I was going to make Thai Pork Soup for dinner tonight but when I opened the pork loin, I thought it smelled a bit. It's very faint but I am not taking a chance so I was going to throw it out. Here's my ?...
    I've heard that dog's stomach aren't as sensitive. Can I feed this to Gunner?
    I wouldn't if it was literally green or something but it's a slightly off smell.
    I will not take a chance with him getting sick but I thought I'd ask here.
    Obviously, dogs in wild sometimes come across not so fresh meat and live to tell but I don't want him getting even the scoots.
    Is it safe or risky?
    sigpicAngela and Gunner

Personally, I would feed it to him as long as it's not too rank. I've fed pork, chicken and beef all that was starting to turn that I wouldn't personally eat and have had no problems from it whatsoever.
    sigpic
    Michelle
    Newton, Iris - Great Danes
    Abby - APBT
    Apollo, Jade and Angel - Miniature Dachshunds
    Wilson - ChiX
    RIP Buddy and Ginger ~ Doxies

Comment

From everything I've read - it's perfectly safe to feed meat that may be a bit too 'sour' for us humans to handle

I do know that Loki won't touch older meat though - fussy boy is still fussy!

Comment

I would feed it. I've fed some meat that was border line spoiled, and they did just fine. Now if it stunk to the point where you cannot tolerate it, then I prolly wouldn't feed it. JMPO.
        ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies. I cut it up and gave it too him. He seemed to really like it. It was his first pork meal.
          Thanks again!
          sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

I would feed it, too.

Just an FYI - pork can sometimes cause the runs if they're not used to it.
            Bev
            Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
            sigpic

Comment

Well, it's been 18 hours and so far, he's been fine. No scoots either. Thankfully, he seems to have a strong stomach. He even eats his organs without hesitation. I think he might be getting bored of his ground chicken, so I chopped up some carrots and put them in. He loves crunching on carrots.
              sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

Working...
              X