Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most economical way to raw feed 2 adult Danes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most economical way to raw feed 2 adult Danes?

Hi everyone! I have 2 lovely adult boys one us 8 years young and one is 4. I am feeding raw for about 3 weeks now. The boys have leaned out a bit too much for my liking. They should each be getting 4.5 pounds per day if my math is correct. I'm having trouble trying to do this economically. Any suggestions?

Where are you located? I use a variety of sources. It's usually the most economical to find a co-op in your area although I had problems finding one where I live so I have to drive a few hours to pick up my order. I use a co-op out of St. Louis for the bulk of my meat that is shipped down from Ross Wells in Wisconsin. I also buy chicken quarters and ground beef at Wal-Mart, pork butt from GFS (they often have marked down pork roasts for 0.99 per lb) and Blue Ridge Beef products from a woman who orders in bulk and lives about 1.5 hrs from me. It can be a scavenger hunt sometimes...it takes a while to find good affordable sources but it's worth it.
    sigpic

Comment

I feed chicken quarters in the 10 pound bag for anywhere from .49-.69 per pound. I add in cuts of beef, chicken hearts, gizzards and livers and sometimes other proteins that I find on clearance and freeze. Everything comes from the regular grocery store at this point as we recently relocated from TX to LA and I havenít searched out a meat market or butcher yet. I find that the price is comparable to feeding kibble.

Sara-- Moose's Mom

Comment

Working...
      X