X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our-gentle-giants
    started a topic Weight of your dog vs pounds of kibble

Weight of your dog vs pounds of kibble

I'm trying to gauge how much an average Dane eats. I know it varies from dog to dog, but can anyone share their experience of how many pounds of dry dog food your dog eats per month vs. his/her age and weight?

Edit: There was a post recently about puppies and how much they eat. I'm wondering about adult dogs. Thanks
    Last edited by our-gentle-giants; 08-24-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: clarification

• LunaBunaa
    replied
    Bentley is 5 months old, approximately 86 lbs and eats 7 cups of food a day.

Leave a comment:

• cherysh
    replied
    My 95lb 14 month old (I guess sort of still a puppy? She's not growing anymore though) eats 6 cups of 4health grain free a day...She and her 85lb, 9 month old Dane/Dobie mix sister go through about 2 and a half 30# bags a month I think.

Leave a comment:

• tarheelchick
    replied
    Hank is 4 years old, 115 pounds and eats just under 4 cups a day or Orijen. (he would eat more if allowed, but he is at a good weight for his body type).

Leave a comment:

• blubeachdane
    replied
    my lil girl eats TOTW (sierra lamb) 6 1/2 cups a day ... she's 8 months and 104lbs

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Banjo eats 1 3/4 cups am and pm..daily. He is 158# Piper eats 2 cups am and pm she is 154#. I use to feed Taste of the Wild...currently feeding Merrick. I am also feeding 2 German Shorthairs. I buy 2 30# bags per month.

Leave a comment:

• Kumah
    replied
    Kumah eats 4 cups of blue buffalo per day. She will be 2 in December and weighs 95lbs.

Leave a comment:

• our-gentle-giants
    replied
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing everyone! I never realized that it depends on the kind of food you feed them too. I've got some researching to do about different kinds of quality kibble for Great Danes.

Leave a comment:

• Titan3151
    replied
    my boy at 7 months is 9-10 cups a day on Natural Balance...

Leave a comment:

• jadasmom.1
    replied
    My 15 months old boy eats 8 cups per day. I feed Natures Domain and buy a 35 pound bag every 4-5 weeks. oh yeah he weighs 135lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Angel7292
    replied
    Phineas is 175 pounds and eats just shy of 2 - 30# bags of dog food per month. He eats 9 cups of grain free per day.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    Mine are on Natures Domain.
    They are between 130-140 lbs and go through probably a bit over one 35 pound bag a month each. They each eat about 5-6 cups a day.

Leave a comment:

• kayla baxter
    replied
    Totally depends on the quality of the food. My 160lb 2 1/2 year old boy could eat anywhere from 45lbs to 90lbs of kibble a month based on what I'm feeding. There's a few foods he can get away with eating 6 cups a day and a few that he'd need 10-12 cups a day on.

Leave a comment:

• martycurt
    replied
    Originally posted by our-gentle-giants View Post
    I'm trying to gauge how much an average Dane eats. I know it varies from dog to dog, but can anyone share their experience of how many pounds of dry dog food your dog eats per month vs. his/her age and weight?

Edit: There was a post recently about puppies and how much they eat. I'm wondering about adult dogs. Thanks
    Not only do danes vary, so does the food.Your best bet might be to look at a chart on most foods or on the foods website.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X