• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Diet change

Thanks!
    Sounds like what my parents always fed our dogs when I was growing up

Comment

I put warm water on Marleys food because he thinks it is gravy. I think of it like eating cereal without milk....yelch! Still looking for the perfect dog food. OK, no more Walmart stuff but I feel like a sucker in the pet store...they try to sell you everything. Has anyone tried Nature Balance sweet potatoe/fish? Kenzie

Comment

Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato is a great food. I usually use the Ultra Premium (aka regular) for our fosters but used this with our last one due to dietary needs. I am thinking of switching to the fish one as my usual. For some of the Danes, the Ultra Premium is too rich. This is the best smelling of the fish formulas by FAR.

Comment

:* How cute are those pics!

Comment

:* How cute are those pics!

Comment

Just wondering if you could tell me what a BARF diet is ?

Comment

>No problem. I'm pretty thick skinned. 4 or 5 days may be an
                >exaguration. I have never known a dog to refuse raw diet for
                >more than the third day and that is not cruel. Wolves/dogs in
                >the wild will often go that long between meals if they don't
                >find any.
                >
                >Yes, I would have my dogs go that long to teach them the
                >proper way to eat. Would you let your children eat nothing
                >but cake and ice cream?

You wouldn't starve your children for four days til they ate what you wanted them too. Bad example. I'd love to hear what child protection services would have to say about that.

No, you would insist they eat
                >properly or something close to properly. It's the same thing
                >here. You asked how to get your dog to eat properly and I
                >told you.
                >
                >Eating a raw diet is 1,000 times better than the crapinabag
                >poison many people feed their dogs. It's not cruel "forcing"
                >them to eat the diet their body was designed to eat.

That is your opinion.. not fact. If it were, then my dog and millions like him wouldn't be so healthy, happy, and thriving.
                >

Comment

Jonah, you make it very obvious that you only want to cause trouble here when you are responding to post that are a year and a half old and comparing dogs to children. :f

Vaccines, justly credited as the tamers of disease epidemics, are nevertheless the leading killers of dogs and cats in America today."
                  Martin Goldstein, D.V.M
                  "The best vaccine for disease prevention is proper diet"

http://www.eastwooddanes.com/NovB.jpg

Comment

Hello I'm a newbie!! My name is Gregg and I'm from Northern Minnesota. I'm looking for a Great Dane possibly the Summer of 07. I will probably have a lot of questions throughout these next months so hang in there with me. }( How many pounds of food will a dane go through as a puppy/ and then an adult? What will be my monthly cost to own a Dane? I think I have my choice of food picked out. Eagle Pack Super Premium Dog Food Large & Giant Breed Puppy Formula. I'm so excited to get my Great dane, I do not think I can wait any longer lol. How hard will it be for me to train a great dane? My past dog is a Golden Retriever. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

what to feed my puppy

My 7-month old fawn has somewhat loose stools. I feed her Canidae large breed puppy food. Honestly, I can't afford feeding raw, so does anybody have ANY suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

Anybody tried Fromm's kibble?

I've been using Nutrisource. I originally had my girl on Fromm's but changed it because she was having loose stools. Long story short, trips to the vet reveal she had ghiardia--poor girl! Would like to go back to Fromm. Seems to get good reviews on dog food advisor. Weigh in, please.

Comment

Working...
                        X