Switching from Precise - food recs for ADULT Dane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from Precise - food recs for ADULT Dane

I asked this under a different post as well, but figured I should make it a separate entry.

My Dane has been on Precise since he was a puppy - I just found out about Precise closing shop and he is down to half a bag so I need to start the transition ASAP.

I have looked through the forum but most are geared toward puppies (calcium, etc...) but now that my boy is older (5 yrs) I would like to make sure I set him up right for the future (I am focusing on Lg breed formulas bc those typically include glucosamine).

I have narrowed down the foods based on reviews and what I can get online (I have twin baby boys, so can't always get to the store). I can't get Fromm from Chewy (my go to online store) so that is out. I am also looking at made in the USA and a mid range budget - not the cheapest, but can't afford $100 for 30lb of food. Here is my short list, but I am open to suggestions:

Chicken Soup for the Soul Large Breed Chicken, Turkey & Brown Rice - However, I recently read an article that suggest giant breeds get Taurine in their diet and this doesn't seem to include it (?)
    Eagle Pack Large & Giant Breed Adult
    Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe - I was leaning toward this but I believe Wellness has had some recalls, so I am on the fence.

Any positives/negatives of the above I should know? Any other suggestions I should consider?

Thanks!

Chicken Soup is perfectly fine.. ingredients are good .. Eagle is not as good as it use to be... Wellness ???
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Chicken Soup is perfectly fine.. ingredients are good .. Eagle is not as good as it use to be... Wellness has some ???? on it as of late..
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Thanks! I was looking at Wellness but since it had some recalls I thought I'd wait to find out more on that brand. Chicken soup it is then! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skdaizy View Post
          Thanks! I was looking at Wellness but since it had some recalls I thought I'd wait to find out more on that brand. Chicken soup it is then! Thanks again.
          Hi there! Just wanted to know if you made the switch and how you like the food? We also had to switch food since we were feeding Precise before

Comment

Working...
          X