One stop genetic links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One stop genetic links

lin--if I were going to select ONE article to untangle the whole color deal in danes, it would be Jill Evan's "THE GREAT STRIP TEASE"--all anyone (but harl people) ever need to know about Dane color genetics:
    The Great Strip Tease

If I were going to buy ONE book about genetics,
    and only one, with breeding in mind i would select George PADGETT's "CONTROL OF GENETIC DISEASE IN THE DOG." (He also has an online article:
    CONTROL OF GENETIC DISEASE IN THE DOG
    I think *EVERYONE* should read.

this my suggestion for where to start.
    both are clean & straitforward English without endless scientific jargon & offer *PRACTICAL* "nuts-n-bolts" kind of help for would-be breeders & those just starting out with the whacky weird world of genetics!!
    LOL!! lemme know if you luv or hate these, K?
    tty/jp

RE: One stop genetic links

Could you post the link to the control of genetic disease in the dog? I would really like to read it. Thank you. Also if there are any other must read articles that aren't super complicated I really enjoy them. I'm starting to understand the other stuff but it takes a while to so I still like the easy reading hehe.

Comment

RE: One stop genetic links

If you go to what Paul calls "JPY Links" you'll find a cornocopia of articles on genetics & the Dane. The "Control" article I think you are talking about is Geo Padgett's? It's there in the section on Genetics. (There are sections on the Dane general, another for its H&W-health & welfare, one specifically on Dane coat color, plus several on dogs & genetics & color in general. Click on: http://www.flash.net/~dby/chlinx.htm

Comment

Working...
      X