Blue eyes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue eyes

Hello! I have purchased a pup who is still at the breeder for a few more weeks. Her eyes are now fully open and are a glorious bright sky blue. She is a brindlequin female and just stunning. Her eyes are a very different color from her siblings, so we are hoping they will stay blue! Any thoughts on the likelihood of that? Attached a picture for reference

The eyes will not likely stay blue ..while it is accepted in a harlequin blue is not a desired color... They may stay a lighter blue since there appears to be a lot of white on the face... (for education purposes have the parents been health tested not simple vet exams but real health testing OFA/PennHip on hips, OFA/Cerf eyes, OFA heart & thyroid? If not I would walk away and look for a responsible breeder... )
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Yes. Parents have both been tested. While I know it might not be an ideal within the breed standard, I think itís beautiful. She is also going to be a pet-no breeding here. Thank you for your input!

Comment

when you say the parents have been tested, were you given numbers so you could look at test results on the OFA website or are you going by just what the breeder tells you?
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

What Charlene said.. you need to be shown proof of the testing.. Also even as a pet only a puppy needs to come from a good, responsible breeder... it is probably even more important since health & temperament are extremely important .Also you want a dog that has correct conformation so you won't be saddled with conformation related injuries, etc.. A responsible breeder is an absolute must.
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
          X