natural ears that go wack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natural ears that go wack

Lately, I've been curious on the topic of natural Dane ears. My 1-year-old Dane as she grew developed ears that refuse to lay flat. This surprised me because she is about 50% Euro which gives her a European style head which is usually complemented with heavy natural ears that lay down. One of her brothers has ears that lay down so I just became curious about the genetics that goes with this.
    Last edited by Lunathegreatdane; 12-01-2017, 08:03 PM.

All depends on the individual dog...some dogs even in the same litter have better ear carriage than others,,, (just a side note for educational purpose there is no "Euro" ... the standard is virtually the same regardless of country of origin..a Dane is a Dane .The term "Euro" is a sales gimmick used by irresponsible breeders. The heavy "hyper-type" are not bred to standard and are not well bred)
    Last edited by kahluadanes; 12-02-2017, 07:31 AM.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Also, you can try taping natural ears down to train them to lay correctly. Basically attach tape from the tip of one ear to the tip of the other under the chin, one piece of tape on each side and stick them together for the bridge underneath so it doesn't stick to anything else. Super easy.
      ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Have anybody done natural ear tapping??

Comment

Six Star Danes has a great video on how to tape natural ears so the lay correctly..
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
          X