Breeder search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning

How early would you recommend meeting a breeder before buying a puppy from them? I have never gotten a dog from a breeder so all this is new to me. I know my first dog I ever had was purchased as a pup without much prior knowledge of the breeder beside a few recommendations from other owners. So, to clarify my question, how long does it take to find and trust a breeder?

thanks for the help and good luck with the search!

Comment

Originally posted by Louie Vuitton View Post
      How early would you recommend meeting a breeder before buying a puppy from them? I have never gotten a dog from a breeder so all this is new to me. I know my first dog I ever had was purchased as a pup without much prior knowledge of the breeder beside a few recommendations from other owners. So, to clarify my question, how long does it take to find and trust a breeder?

thanks for the help and good luck with the search!
      I think I starting talking to Finn's breeder not quite a year before I actually got him, then met her at a show a few months later. Then we just had to wait for her next litter. It's a good idea to look way in advance because you may need to get on a waiting list.
      sigpic
      Chaucey
      Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Wooohooooo!! Looks like we may have found our breeder. We will most likely be on a waiting list shortly for a breeding happening this summer!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X