Stop me/save me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop me/save me!

Gahhh our local Ontario Great Dane rescue just listed a new surrender, a beautiful 9 month old blue, named (wait for it!)...Daisy! It might not mean anything at first, but it's hilarious because we have literally made plans for how our next (some day) puppy will be a blue girl named Daisy, to go with Peach. Our two Mario princesses LOL. Then this beauty little girl just popped up in my news feed and smacked me right in the face! She is apparently VERY shy and not socialized really at all, but very friendly once she gets to know people. But she has to come to you.

Help! I need the strength and sensibility of you all! I am but weak...

http://www.danesindistress.com/adopt...ailable-danes/
    sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
    Born July 7 2014
    Peach & Emily!

Originally posted by emeko View Post
    Gahhh our local Ontario Great Dane rescue just listed a new surrender, a beautiful 9 month old blue, named (wait for it!)...Daisy! It might not mean anything at first, but it's hilarious because we have literally made plans for how our next (some day) puppy will be a blue girl named Daisy, to go with Peach. Our two Mario princesses LOL. Then this beauty little girl just popped up in my news feed and smacked me right in the face! She is apparently VERY shy and not socialized really at all, but very friendly once she gets to know people. But she has to come to you.

Help! I need the strength and sensibility of you all! I am but weak...

http://www.danesindistress.com/adopt...ailable-danes/
    I don't know - it looks like she also has a sense of style, like Peach! 😜 Might be meant to be! Only downside I can think of it that it might be harder to get Peach to where you want her to be with all the added work. She's a cutie though!
    -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by lisacp75 View Post
      I don't know - it looks like she also has a sense of style, like Peach! 😜 Might be meant to be! Only downside I can think of it that it might be harder to get Peach to where you want her to be with all the added work. She's a cutie though!
      I know right! The picture of her head on melts my heart. The small rational part of my brain says "What are you thinking you already have one crazy Dane, you crazy lady"

But then I look at her and I'm like "she just needs some lovins! I could get her a thing to wear to tell people that she's shy! I could introduce her slowly to all our downtown friends and socialize her! And so she has no obedience training, I love obedience training! And she looks like she has a sense of fashion just itching to come out!"

I'm hopeless.
      sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
      Born July 7 2014
      Peach & Emily!

Comment

I was going to try to help you, but then I looked at her face....

I got nothing, she is beautiful!
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm. Daisy and Peach? Daisy likes sweaters and Peach likes scarves? Nope, I think it is meant to be. Go for it!
          sigpic
          Willow and Liv

Comment

Do you really think this is the place to talk you out of getting another??

Such a pretty girl.

Comment

Oh Lordy Just think about what you'll do if she's crazy like Peach is right now. Then you'll have 2 crazy giant dogs at the same time! Just keep telling yourself that!

If it makes you feel any better, a breeder I'd love to have a pup from is going to have a pup she wants to co-own in like 12 weeks. I could be getting a pup to show from a great breeder....but it's SO not ok to get another dog right now, unless I get lucky and the house sells for a crap ton more than I owe on it right away., and even then I'd be doing it on ,y own with a super busy work schedule. So I'm sure I'll have to say no and just kick myself for a while. Maybe we can be sad and responsible together
              sigpic
              Chaucey
              Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                Oh Lordy Just think about what you'll do if she's crazy like Peach is right now. Then you'll have 2 crazy giant dogs at the same time! Just keep telling yourself that!

If it makes you feel any better, a breeder I'd love to have a pup from is going to have a pup she wants to co-own in like 12 weeks. I could be getting a pup to show from a great breeder....but it's SO not ok to get another dog right now, unless I get lucky and the house sells for a crap ton more than I owe on it right away., and even then I'd be doing it on ,y own with a super busy work schedule. So I'm sure I'll have to say no and just kick myself for a while. Maybe we can be sad and responsible together
                Well at least I can be in good company being sad and responsible. I know it really probably isn't the time to take on another high need dog, as Peach is reminding me that she is still a high need dog. Finances are doable but just barely... we own and operate a little health food take out place and winters can be... lean. I know I should really have more of a financial safety net before taking on another dog. But then those ears! Those eyes!
                sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                Born July 7 2014
                Peach & Emily!

Comment

Originally posted by emeko View Post
                  Well at least I can be in good company being sad and responsible. I know it really probably isn't the time to take on another high need dog, as Peach is reminding me that she is still a high need dog. Finances are doable but just barely... we own and operate a little health food take out place and winters can be... lean. I know I should really have more of a financial safety net before taking on another dog. But then those ears! Those eyes!
                  Stop looking at them!!

ETA my favorite Japanese Akita breeder just had a litter of 10 puppies with 6 red males (which is what I want) by my favorite bitch and is breeding my second favorite bitch next month....life is not fair.
                  sigpic
                  Chaucey
                  Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

OOOOOOMYGOODNESS! She needs your camera and operating skills. I can't even imagine what kind of pictures I would be seeing then! This is what I suggest.... Sounds dumb but having a nice black and white list in front of you will do the trick if you are seriously considering this. And do this BEFORE you go and visit this baby and lay your eyes on her in person. Make a pro and con list. List them ALL. Even the maybes and the mights. Peach might love her, Peach might despise her. Might be a quick potty train, might be extended potty train. Could help Peach, could hinder Peach. Most of this is of course going through your head but the list in your face makes it real and you can keep adding to it for a few days and ponder it. See if you are really up for the task. She is a pretty girl

Comment

I say "Let Peach decide!" If they hit it off it may do the both of them good...

Comment

Originally posted by MyZoo View Post
                        I say "Let Peach decide!" If they hit it off it may do the both of them good...
                        I thought that too, it might do Peach's anxiety some good to have a buddy. She's being fostered about 10 hours away though, in Ottawa. We're way down closer to Windsor. Quite the trek to make with pooches! With Daisy it doesn't sound like she's human reactive or even overly anxious just very shy on the meeting.

I must stop looking at this dog.
                        sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                        Born July 7 2014
                        Peach & Emily!

Comment

oh for the love of God, what are you waiting for???

i certainly did not need a THIRD dane when samson came along but seriously, resistance was futile. all i had to do was look at his cartoon face and i was beyond any help.

just DO it!
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

If you get Daisy then I want Quinn. What a couple of beauties!
                            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                              If you get Daisy then I want Quinn. What a couple of beauties!
                              Yeah, Quinn is a little beauty too, I saw her posted a week or so ago! Daisy is the one speaking to me most though...

I don't know, I'm being met with a lot of resistance from the boy. He definitely is on board for another Dane, but he kind of thinks we should wait until next spring (and hope that our current dog has grown a brain by then, and that our business will have grown just a bit more moolah!) and I think he's thinking more in terms of a really well bred puppy. He put it this way: "We intervened in Peach's under socialized life when she was 3 months. And she is still, at times, a mess. How much work will an unsocialized 9 month old be?" And he has a point. I know this! I also know that I really wanted a show prospect puppy for my next dog... but dang it why must she gaze into my soul with those eyes! I've seen tons of Danes posted to that group, some that I oohed and aahed over, but Daisy is just breaking my heart here!
                              sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                              Born July 7 2014
                              Peach & Emily!

Comment

Working...
                              X