$3,000-$5,000 for a pup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chemist View Post
    Something else to point out is that good breeders are a very VALUABLE resource. I have talked to several good breeders. Each of them spent close to an hour or more with me on the phone making sure I was a good home and giving me advice and insight. My current breeder helped me decide on if i should pexy or not, what kind of flea and tick medicine, what kind of food, what kind of vet, what kind of trainer etc. My breeder is also giving me the best shot with trying to match personality with my large family and possible future as a therapy dog.

I would consider it a VERY good deal for the price.
    Are you going to show your dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus146 View Post
      I can't understand what justifies charging / spending $3,000-$5,000 for a pup. Is it because you can say it comes from champion blood lines or so you can say you paid that much? Is there a 175% guarantee that it's NOT going to have ANY medical problems? Is it going to be more handsome or prettier than a lesser costing Dane? Is it going to be easier to potty train? Is it going to listen / learn better? Is it going to clean up after itself and wipe its own as*? Is it not going to get dirty? Is it not going to want to interact or be able to interact with a lesser costing dog? Is it allowed to leave the house and walk on the street? Was the pup delivered in the confines of a prestigious hospital by the hands of a world renowned vet? Even if you're showing the dog, other than notereity, what are you gaining from it? The list can go on and on.

The same applies to these new designer breeds: $6,000 for a miniature Frenchie....seriously?!

I know I'm being sarcastic a bit, but I really just don't understand. Somebody please implore your wealth of knowledge and fill me in
      There isn't a 175% guarantee it won't have problems, but you have a better chance of it not than from a byb who is charging the same amount of money. I personally wouldn't pay over $2,000 for a Dane from a reputable, but I have no problem whatsoever with reputable breeders charging over $2,000 for one, because of all the work that goes into it. Showing, a stud, care for the bitch, all the health testing, which includes eyes, heart, hip, and sometimes thyroid. That's a lot of money, and when you have 6-10 puppies to care for, that's even more.

I just saw the other day one person charging $2,000 for an "orange" puppy (it literally was orange, they called it a fawn-blue-merle or something). No health testing. No showing at all. AND a mismarked color. Ridiculous.
      Last edited by 21softballstar; 03-09-2016, 09:56 AM.
      sigpic
      Willow and Liv

Comment

Are you going to show your dog?
        No, so my price is below your thread title but as others have noted, the price would go up if it was a show dog.

Comment

Originally posted by chemist View Post
          No, so my price is below your thread title but as others have noted, the price would go up if it was a show dog.
          Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by 21softballstar View Post
            There isn't a 175% guarantee it won't have problems, but you have a better chance of it not than from a byb who is charging the same amount of money. I personally wouldn't pay over $2,000 for a Dane from a reputable, but I have no problem whatsoever with reputable breeders charging over $2,000 for one, because of all the work that goes into it. Showing, a stud, care for the bitch, all the health testing, which includes eyes, heart, hip, and sometimes thyroid. That's a lot of money, and when you have 6-10 puppies to care for, that's even more.

I just saw the other day one person charging $2,000 for an "orange" puppy (it literally was orange, they called it a fawn-blue-merle or something). No health testing. No showing at all. AND a mismarked color. Ridiculous.
            They're gonna deem it a "Designer Dane".... So ridiculous
            Last edited by Maximus146; 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Isnt there a sense of guilt from these people charging high prices for unhealthy pups? I mean some sense of morals doesn't even cross their minds....

Guarantees are for major appliances....well put! Lol

Actually Zeus has a tag-along coming in the form of a baby blue....$1,800 with ears cropped. Not too bad....

Thanks for your input....

What'd program, or filter, did you use for your sig pics?
              It's an app, Superphoto, and I think it's the painting filter.
              sigpic
              Chaucey
              Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                It's an app, Superphoto, and I think it's the painting filter.
                Good deal....thanks

Comment

Working...
                X