Need suggestions on how to safely get fleas of my puppy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenmagick View Post
    I have heard that really any soap will kill fleas....its just the ones marketed for flea control have a bit of residual maybe?
    My understanding it is the suds that do the job.

Comment

You should bathing your puppy regular with hygienic shampoo. Give your puppy requirement treatment. I am using whelping box for my puppy and regularly clean it.
      Are you looking for a guide for knowing the best ways to keep whelping box clean? If yes then read this article to understand the easy procedure step-by-step.

Comment

Regular bathing is not a good thing. It can remove the oils from the coat and skin and dry them out.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Over the many years with lots of dogs and cats, our best method for flea control has been diatomaceous earth. I know it sounds wacky and it is a bit of a mess in a way, but it works. We lightly spread it around the perimeter of the affected rooms. It is observable for the time we have it out, but when the fleas are gone, just vac or sweep it up. The diatomaceous earth basically suffocates the fleas (and tics). It works usually within a week or two. Others may find this not to be a good option, but it has always worked for us. Once, a friend stayed with us bringing his flea infested dog along. Overnight we had fleas on all the animals and even jumping on me. Out came the DE and soon the fleas were gone. So was he!

Comment

Working...
          X