X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andipanda 1
    started a topic "Breeder" rant

"Breeder" rant

Was in local petsmart picking up goodies for the critters. Had my Briar Rose with me, and my 16 year old daughter. Found my 16 year old talking to a petsmart employee who had a merle great dane pup on a leash with her. I over hear my daughter asking her where she got her pup, and the employee says "I'm a breeder" daughter askes oh, do you breed harls ? employee says "well, right now we are breeding rare blue merles" --- I look at my daughter's face, which is now registering surprise, and she politely excuses her self and Briar. We go out to the car and my daughter is going off on back yard breeders and how can she be breeding merles for "rare" colors, doesn't she get it about merles and backyard breeding......

At first I was dumbstruck. Holy Sh#t!!!! She's actually been listening to me all these years !

Proud mommy moment.

Had to share.

Andi

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    You should be proud. I love those moments when you realize you done good.

Leave a comment:

• Jacobsmom
    replied
    It irks me that people want to breed dogs but too lazy to even do the research on them. Before I even got a great dane i researched everything I could about them. One would think a "breeder" would do the same. Sounds like your daughter is very smart and polite too. I think had it been me I would have made a comment about it. lol

Leave a comment:

• andipanda 1
    replied
    Thanks all. She is pretty wonderful. I'm one proud mom.
    Andi

Leave a comment:

• joyable
    replied
    You "raised her up right!" Good for you Andi, you've got a smart daughter!

Leave a comment:

• johnsondanes
    replied
    Originally posted by faust View Post
    You have a great daughter. It is always nice to see when your kids pick up good things. I also like that she was polite enough to excuse herself and vent in private. Very good manners and a great head.
    YEAH to that!! Good job Mom!

Leave a comment:

• RebeccaGriffin
    replied
    Way to go MOM !!! I am glad to read this.. it gives me hope that my daughter (who is 6) is listening.. When we go by "breeders" at the flea market and I always get all mad.. she says awww look how cute and I say... no those are back yard breeders and those pups are problably sick... blah blah blah I rant... lol now I have hope this it will sink in by time she is old enough to buy her own lol

Leave a comment:

• faust
    replied
    You have a great daughter. It is always nice to see when your kids pick up good things. I also like that she was polite enough to excuse herself and vent in private. Very good manners and a great head.

Leave a comment:

• daneslave
    replied
    Hi great story the apple does not fall far from the tree!!Smart mom smart kid.

Leave a comment:

• Devil Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by alicat613 View Post
    I'm always glad to know there are smart, responsible people out there raising smart, responsible kids!
    Boy do I second that.

Dee

Leave a comment:

• alicat613
    replied
    I'm always glad to know there are smart, responsible people out there raising smart, responsible kids!

Leave a comment:

• andipanda 1
    replied
    My daughter was horrified. Later on, Jessie asked me how much great dane pups weighed at birth. I showed her the booklet our breeder made up for us, and the pups weighed between 1.1 lb and 1.5 lbs. Why ? I asked ? Well, because the breeder lady at petsmart told her that the puppys weighed 4 pounds at birth. And when Jess did the math, it didn't make sense that the breeder said the mom had 9 puppies, and that meant that .......

Smart kid, my daughter. I'm proud !

Andi

Leave a comment:

• Paradis
    replied
    That is a very proud mommy moment. You deserve a big pat on the back and so does your daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Devil Dog
    replied
    It's so heartwarming when teens have a "light bulb" moment, and you realize they just may have been listening to something you said after all.

Dee

Leave a comment:

• Faye413
    replied
    Good for your daughter for listening and good for you for teaching her! That is so encouraging!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X