Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Buyers--Before You Even Look at that first puppy ad...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devil Dog View Post
    Great Job Cindy.

Now to get the buyers to read BEFORE they purchase a puppy.

Dee
    Exactly!!!
    Linda and Rocky
    sigpic
    Jesse 1998-2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
    Harley 1998-2002
    Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Cindy!
      June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
      RIP Dakota Blue Moon
      Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
      sigpic

Comment

Great Information

I am hoping to get a Great Dane in the next year or so (my first) and this information has been incredibly helpful. Now I know for sure that this is the right dog for me. If anyone has any advice or tips please let me know. Thanks again for this post!

Comment

This is such great info and it's great that now it's in one place for anyone considering a Dane to find. Thanks so much!
          sigpic
          Paisley

Comment

I have just inquired about a GD puppy... When I asked about what health test had been done on the parents her response was:

'Not sure what you mean re Health test`s on the Parents??'

This is supposed to be from a 'purebred site' here in Australia...

Obviously it's a 'no-go'... I saw pics of the pups and they looked filthy...
            sigpic

Comment

Just posted this on our Facebook page for some folks that needed the information. Figured to bring this to the top here too on our forum.
              sigpic
              In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
              Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

This is great information. Thanks! I'm getting my puppy in the middle of next month and I'm glad to say the breeders hit high marks on everything.

Comment

Akc

I am afraid of what I am read but here we go. My wife and I bought our Dane from a breeder listed on the AKC website. We were thinking we did the right thing but now after looking at all the different pictures and what a dane should look like. I am a little concerned and yet a little angry. I dont know if I am jumping to conclusions but my 4month old blue dane has a little hump on his back. Is it tooo early to be comparing him? We do not plan to show him or breed him but I would like to know I did the right thing.

Comment

Dane pups go thru various stages while growing from pups to adults. This could just be a stage and it will flatten out at maturity. Do you know if the sire and dam had flat top lines? Some things are genetic and come from the ancestors. Some things are just normal puppy growth problems that they will outgrow. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
                      Dane pups go thru various stages while growing from pups to adults. This could just be a stage and it will flatten out at maturity. Do you know if the sire and dam had flat top lines? Some things are genetic and come from the ancestors. Some things are just normal puppy growth problems that they will outgrow. Time will tell.
                      Thanks for ur response, I think his parents have a straight backs. Crossing my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X