Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why won't they....puppies puppies...my great dog's litter...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: why won't they....puppies puppies...my great dog's litter...

well HONEY once again I am just saying people need to listen and I will agree with you in the fact that BOTH sides do.

Just because you belong to a rescue organization does not make you the expert in all areas.

Again just listen. There may be better ways that would benifit both sides.

Comment

Okey Dokey...... :f :f :f

-Ericka
      **Java (Dane, 3 years)**Mickey (Dane, 2 years)**Charlie (Cockatiel, 5 yrs)**Angel (Cockatiel, age unknown)

Disclaimer: The words written here are opinion of the poster ONLY. They are not directed toward any one person, dog or imaginary friend.

Comment

>
        >Please tell me what needs to be broken or bent in the process
        >I posted. What is so hard to do or live with that you can't do
        >it?
        >
        >('you' meaning anyone offended by the policies)

I for one am not neccessarily offended by the policies, I have a great respect for the volunteers that are providing a valuable service and I understand the need to screen, However, when applying policy and contracts an organization needs to be cognizant of the people involved. Having a take it or leave it attitude that is refected in the documents and communications will cause some very appropriate adopters to leave it.

example:
        Requesting financial information and requesting donations from references. This is not only imoral but illegal. You are not a lending agency nor can you seek any thing from a reference without prior disclosure no matter how valiant your cause.

I understand the need to ensure that someone can afford to provide for the dog, however someones financial status has nothing to do with whether or not they will spend money caring for the dog. It would depend entirely on their priorities.

Another example:
        The adoption contract does not provide for absolute ownership by the adoptor.

Again not only is this inappropriate it is unenforcable and cannot be upheld by law. This can only lead to unnessary conflict in some situations and causes people like me to not want to get involved.

I would seek assistance and rewrite both the policy and the contracts so that they do not appear to have such an exclusionary and restrictive tone. Have someone research the legal aspects of the contracts so they reflect and enforce what you are actually trying to do.

Hope this helps.

Pete,

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience".
        -Woodrow Wilson

"I'm not smart. I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall but Newton was the one who asked why."

Bernard Man

Comment

For someone who is so dedicated to these animals it sure seems like you waste alot of time being on here patting yourself on the back and trying to make yourself feel important. Wouldn't this wasted time have been better spent on caring for all the sick and battered animals that you keep in your possesion? While you spend all this effort on telling us lowly non rescue volunteers how special you are there is a dog in need of love.

Comment

Well said!!:e) :e) :e)

Comment

Someone sounds bitter.

And I don't consider standing up for rescue a waste of time.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Wendy

Libby(lab mix)
              Sky (RIP--April 18, 2012)
              My heart, Angus (RIP Jan 16, 2014)

Comment

:e) :e) :e) :e) }( }( }(

Comment

Go hug a tree!

Comment

Seriously....

???????

I thought there were adults on this board. My mistake.

If you think caring for an animal is a stupid thing, I pity your pets.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Wendy

Libby(lab mix)
                    Sky (RIP--April 18, 2012)
                    My heart, Angus (RIP Jan 16, 2014)

Comment

Why do you feel the need to all the time? If you think what you are doing is what is right, then why care about others opinions on the matter/

Comment

I thought there were adults on this board

As did I. As soon as I get a chance, I will be reading this thread and editing as necessary. It will be reopened when I am done.
                        sigpic
                        In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                        Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Working...
                        X