Pregnant Great Dane 68 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant Great Dane 68 days

My Dane is at 68 days, she had an ultrasound today and mother and babies are fine, heart beats all regular. She is showing no signs of labor. Her temp fluctuates between 100.8 and 99.3 for the last two days. I have a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning per the vet to wait 48 hours to see if she goes into labor on her own. I am still super nervous that she hasn't had her puppies yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Other notes:
    She has been showing milk for 3 weeks, clear discharge from hind end, sleeps in her box, still eating and drinking a lot, this is her first litter.
    Last edited by Zushma; 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM.

Originally posted by Zushma View Post
    My Dane is at 68 days, she had an ultrasound today and mother and babies are fine, heart beats all regular. She is showing no signs of labor. Her temp fluctuates between 100.8 and 99.3 for the last two days. I have a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning per the vet to wait 48 hours to see if she goes into labor on her own. I am still super nervous that she hasn't had her puppies yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Other notes:
    She has been showing milk for 3 weeks, clear discharge from hind end, sleeps in her box, still eating and drinking a lot, this is her first litter.
    From what I know of human pregnancies, a little late doesn't mean much or worry me much. I am not a Dane breeder, however. Do you have a Dane breeder as a mentor? Or a Dane experienced veterinarian?
    -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

68 days from breeding or ovulation? I am guessing no progesterone testing was done and you are just guessing on due date based on the date of breeding? If that is the case, your guess could be way off since ovulation timing does not always correspond with when a bitch will stand for breeding...

Your vet should run a progesterone test now and see where she is at. She should be below 2 for a c-section.
      *Jennifer*
      Member GDC of Mid-Florida
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with below post, if you didnt progesterone test before breeding you are guessing at ovulation. Live semen can live as long as 5 to 7 days. Definitely recommend your vet doing progesterone now. Did you do xray or just ultrasound? If smaller litter she may not start actual labor and need csection.

Comment

This thread is from July. I surely hope she's had them by now! LOL
          ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
          X