Aahhh Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aahhh Help

My baby girl just 6 months old may have just entered puberty. She's bleeding some, barely spotting not heavy at all yet. What do I need to do if anything,how long will it last. I do have a male 15 months and don't want any babies this early!!! Any advice

remove the male from the household for the month.... and get him neutered while he is away...
    ~*Hailey*~
    sigpic
    Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13
    "Our hearts still ache in sadness, And secret tears still flow, What it meant to lose you, No one will ever know."

Comment

Originally posted by Brindledanelove View Post
      remove the male from the household for the month.... and get him neutered while he is away...
      Exactly this. Otherwise you WILL have an unwanted litter and a terribly young momma...
      *Jennifer*
      Member GDC of Mid-Florida
      sigpic

Comment

???? You don't want babies this early

Are you thinking of breeding them in the future? If you don't know what to do with a heat cycle... I would sincerely hope you're not planning on breeding.

Anyways....

You can purchase doggie diapers to keep your furniture etc. clean. The cycle length can vary dog to dog. It is very important to keep your dogs seperated if your male is not neutered (which it's sounding like he's not considering you don't want to risk babies this early). I would also plan on getting your male neutered... ASAP!
        sigpic
        Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
        Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
        Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

I'm really seeing a train wreck in the future! Remove the male, neuter him, and then once the female is out of heat, get her spayed.
          ~ Erin ~
          "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
          sigpic

Comment

Oh gosh....future byb...I honestly hope Im wrong....please oh please spay your female and neuter your male!!! Please please please....
            sigpicMy blue baby Denali-8 1/2 months and my brindle girl Dova-4 months

Comment

And you have your answer, see other thread
              sigpic
              Emily
              Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
              Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
              Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzandcompany View Post
                And you have your answer, see other thread
                No consideration for the breed whatsoever!!! She's going down the byb road. Such a shame.
                sigpicMy blue baby Denali-8 1/2 months and my brindle girl Dova-4 months

Comment

Originally posted by New-Dane-Mom View Post
                  No consideration for the breed whatsoever!!! She's going down the byb road. Such a shame.
                  I love this breed and my dogs very much and I'm was simply trying to learn more about this topic by asking questions and sharing my issue right now. So sorry that offends u , the asking for others input and all

Comment

Nobody is saying you don't love danes or your dogs but you ARE asking about breeding them and people WILL give you their full and honest opinion. Maybe if you spent some time at a rescue or a shelter with the hundreds of purebred dogs that need homes or even read through the archives here and seen some of the people who are bybs in the making you would understand why we are not all fluffy and loving about how we voice our opinion.

Nobody is trying to be rude to you but really, please rethink this, learn more about it.
                    sigpic
                    Hamish: Great Dane born July 25 2011
                    Sophie: English Mastiff born May 30 2009
                    Visit my blog at http://gonetothebigdogs.wordpress.com/

Comment

I appreciate all the opinions shared and can understand the strong points of view. I will not be breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Jen Mae View Post
                        I appreciate all the opinions shared and can understand the strong points of view. I will not be breeding
                        I understand your interest. It is good you won't be breeding now. If you really are interested in responsibly breeding danes, I would really encourage you to start attending shows. It is so interesting and fun to see all the wonderful, quality danes and you will learn so much. Perhaps you will want to look at getting a show puppy from one of the responsible breeders who show their dogs to championship and do the required health testing when their dogs are old enough. A good breeder will be with you for the life of your puppy to help you learn--what a wonderful resource! Maybe someday, with years of learning under your belt, a champion dog, and a solid mentor in your breeder, you can join the ranks of responsible breeders trying to get that next perfect show puppy, and provide quality, healthy pet-quality puppies for others to enjoy.
                        Tracy
                        sigpic
                        Mouse April 2010
                        Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Six month is much to early for a Dane to go in heat. I doubt it is a normal heat. Go to the vet. She might have an infection and while you there get your male neutered.
                          sigpic
                          With best regards,
                          Jeannette Luca & Leo and now Lilly & Sophie

Comment

A female Dane going into heat at 6 months is almost unheard of, the spotting may infact be signs of a urinary tract infection.
                            If her vulva hasn't swollen up all huge I'd highly doubt she is in heat.

Comment

Working...
                            X