Before you think about breeding *GRAPHIC*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before you think about breeding *GRAPHIC*

Warning upfront!!! This video is a bit graphic!!

Before you think about breeding irresponsibly, please watch this video and rethink your decision.

http://www.brightlion.com/inhope.aspx

Get out your kleenex, you will need it. This is harsh, but IT IS what is happening day in and day out.

RE: Before you think about breeding *GRAPHIC*

Sometimes harshness is the only thing that gets to people, Ruthie...and even then it's not always enough.

I see this video as not only a statement about breeding, but also about responsible ownership. I've read of complaints that the process of buying a dog from a responsible breeder/adopting dog from a qualified shelter is too restrictive. But the thing is...if every single person who acquired a dog took care of it appropriately, then such inquiries would not even be necessary.

Unfortunately, so many people don't take care of their pets responsibly...as the video attests. For that reason, all potential pet owners must prove themselves...or at least they must to a responsible breeder or shelter, anyway.

Cindy

"As long as animals are viewed as disposable commodities, the true value of the ethical breeder will never be appreciated."
    sigpic

Comment

The problem is 99% of the BYB in this country do not think they are breeding irresponsibly. They probably don't even think their pups will/do end up in shelters. And if they do, they probably view it as the irresponsible owners' problem, not their problem as breeders. i think they both share the blame, but it's human nature for people to see themselves as above whatever rule they are supposedly breaking. No one wants to see themselves as a bad person; therefore, they don't.

Good video, though. Really, really sad. And really, really true.

Comment

Great Video, thank you for posting this. I will spread this around everywhere, people need to be exposed to the harsh truths and understand that being responsible pet owners makes a difference in the big picture. ;( ;( ;(

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaa . . . . very sad indeed. :-(

Moe
          Reb's Mom

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912

Comment

I finally watched this and I cried. Hopefully it will get through to at least some of the people that think pets are disposable.

Comment

Working...
            X