Question (kinda dane related)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question (kinda dane related)

How does one go about getting the signature cartoons I'm seeing with their dogs (like crdane?)

Is it a website???
    sigpicAngie- Titan's mom

I was wondering that too? I have a feeling a member made them but not sure who.
    sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

It's made by a member.
      sigpic
      1 husband * 1 teenager * 2 great danes * 2 boxers * 1 cats * 2 African cichlids * 34 land hermit crabs
      RIP Tyler RIP Smokey
      http://thegratedanegane.wordpress.com/

Comment

I wish i knew who it was also they sure are good at it .

Comment

BigLittleSmall makes them. The images are from www.cartoonmydog.com - I think that's the link.
          Katie & Scarlett
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatos View Post
            BigLittleSmall makes them. The images are from www.cartoonmydog.com - I think that's the link.
            While the idea did come from a website I came across (it's actually cartoonizemypet) .. I really only use theirs as a jump off point though (needed some size comparison's and an angle).

The one's on that webste are extremely generic and 'cartoony' and not very 'real' (IMO) at all (they don't even have feet lol) .. I took the basic outline of theirs, then took a photo of a real dane (Bain actually) standing in a similar position, and made a base template for the danes.

I have 3 different size danes and lip/ears sets (plus I also used Dippy's Sabre for the cropped ear set) .. so I was able to make several different templates.

Then I look at photos from different angles (of a particular dog) and apply the markings like the person's actual dog has, and then I adjust the lips, ears, tail (like Milo's longer nubbin), and body size according to each individual dog. I just needed something to 'look' at to get a basic outline as a starting point.

Some of the ones I do are 100% mine though, like Reilly (the wolfhound); because there isn't one on there to look at. I took about 10 different real photos (of Reilly and other wolfhounds from a google search) and some clip art pieces to make him.

The lab might as well be mine .. I changed so much about that one .. the only thing even remotely similar to the lab (Tori) is the angle and the raised tail lol .. I'm not sure who was harder, Tori or Reilly.

I've had other people ask me to make them for them, and honestly the people I did make them for .. I made them for a reason .. if anyone would like one (since I got so many requests on Facebook after people found out who made them) .. here are my requirements:

I don't charge for them (i.e I'm not trying to make a profit off them; because A). I truly enjoy making them, but they do take me a while to create; because I study the dogs before making them, and B). some parts of them are similar to someone's elses work and while it is not 'plagerism' persay, I still wouldn't feel right collecting a profit from someone else's original idea).

.. BUT ..

If you would like one .. what I do ask is that you make a $15-20 donation to a worthy rescue (hopefully no one would tell me that they did and then not do it, right? Because I know we're all honest here @ DOL . If you don't know which one to make a donation to PM me and I can direct you to one that helps many dogs/danes (1 helps extremely ill dogs/danes that no one else will pull) and needs the donations to keep taking them in. I have 3 that I donate to so I would probably alternate between them.
            sigpic
            A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Jennie, I refused to "out" you, because what you made for me was a wonderful gift and I did not want you bombarded with requests. I love my siggy pic, and it makes me smile every time I see it. You are the best!!!
              Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
              Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
              RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

lol you're too sweet .. and I'm really glad you enjoy yours .. I enjoy that you enjoy it so much.
                sigpic
                A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Working...
                X