Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with "DOL Chat"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Walnuts
    started a topic Is there something wrong with "DOL Chat"?

Is there something wrong with "DOL Chat"?

For nearly a week now... I haven't been able to log into DOL Chat. It says "Server Closed. Account Suspended."...
    ... yet my DOL account isn't suspended (obviously since I'm posting this)

Is Chat messed up, or is it only MY account? If it is only my account... does anyone know why by chance? While I may not post in the discussion forum as often anymore... I do still enjoy the occasional chatroom chitter chatter.
    I haven't been given any disciplinary warnings, ticks, demerits, etc that I know of... *shrugs*

Last edited by Mr. Walnuts; 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM. Reason: typos from my POS cordless keyboard

• dolmod
    replied
    yep, that's what it is:
    http://dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70356

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    I'll check with Paul. It may have become too cost prohibited for the limited amount of use.

Leave a comment:

• HarlequinHorror
    replied
    I go on chat occasionally, but there is never anyone on but me haha. Stupid timezones!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Walnuts
    replied
    Originally posted by Anna N' Hamish View Post
    I think there is a thread called "come to chat" or something...

Yea... that's what threw up red bells for me. With CHAT not working for me, I went to the 'Come to Chat...' thread to see if the problem was noticed... and nobody had noticed it not working; that's what got me paranoid that it may be just MY account...

Leave a comment:

• Anna N' Hamish
    replied
    Maybe more people on chat will give you the incentive to come on DOL more often

Leave a comment:

• silentskream
    replied
    yes, but i haven't been on DOL in weeks, and before that months.. so i need a notification mechanism that comes to me

Leave a comment:

• Anna N' Hamish
    replied
    Originally posted by silentskream View Post
    i havent been on chat in FOREVER. i used to spend all day every day there.. how funny.. i stopped working and now I don't have time to chat online

but next time there's people in there, someone send me a text message or a facebook message and let me know.
    I think there is a thread called "come to chat" or something...

Leave a comment:

• silentskream
    replied
    i havent been on chat in FOREVER. i used to spend all day every day there.. how funny.. i stopped working and now I don't have time to chat online

but next time there's people in there, someone send me a text message or a facebook message and let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Anna N' Hamish
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Walnuts View Post
    I mostly enjoy chat because it gives me the opportunity to talk in real time without creating an arbitrary thread about nothing in particular... it comes in handy for keeping my finger on the pulse of the forum and the dane community.

Sometimes ya wanna ask a dumb question or seek opinions of others without the formality that a thread comes with
    I agree, I like the instant replies. They are good for questions that aren't super important.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Walnuts
    replied
    Well in the interim... I went ahead and made a thread reporting it to admin & mod in the feedback section.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Walnuts
    replied
    I mostly enjoy chat because it gives me the opportunity to talk in real time without creating an arbitrary thread about nothing in particular... it comes in handy for keeping my finger on the pulse of the forum and the dane community.

Sometimes ya wanna ask a dumb question or seek opinions of others without the formality that a thread comes with

Leave a comment:

• Anna N' Hamish
    replied
    I don't go on chat very often (I sometimes forget it's there) but now that I can't, I really, really want to

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Walnuts
    replied
    wheww! Thanks

Not that it's great that DOL Chat is on the fritz...
    ... but I haven't been able to get on in at least 3 days it seems and I didn't see anything in the archives or the "Come to Chat..." thread, so I was beginning to worry that I'd inadvertently done something wrong lol.

ETA: Wow... How terribly distasteful must my sense of humor be that I worry about accidentally violating chat rules. hahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Meatos
    replied
    I got the same thing. It could be that DOL's account with the chat server has been suspended, not yours specifically.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X