Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with "DOL Chat"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something wrong with "DOL Chat"?

For nearly a week now... I haven't been able to log into DOL Chat. It says "Server Closed. Account Suspended."...
    ... yet my DOL account isn't suspended (obviously since I'm posting this)

Is Chat messed up, or is it only MY account? If it is only my account... does anyone know why by chance? While I may not post in the discussion forum as often anymore... I do still enjoy the occasional chatroom chitter chatter.
    I haven't been given any disciplinary warnings, ticks, demerits, etc that I know of... *shrugs*

Last edited by Mr. Walnuts; 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM. Reason: typos from my POS cordless keyboard
    - Chris
    "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
    sigpic

I just tried to sign in and I got the same message
    sigpic
    Hamish: Great Dane born July 25 2011
    Sophie: English Mastiff born May 30 2009
    Visit my blog at http://gonetothebigdogs.wordpress.com/

Comment

I got the same thing. It could be that DOL's account with the chat server has been suspended, not yours specifically.
      Katie & Scarlett
      sigpic

Comment

wheww! Thanks

Not that it's great that DOL Chat is on the fritz...
        ... but I haven't been able to get on in at least 3 days it seems and I didn't see anything in the archives or the "Come to Chat..." thread, so I was beginning to worry that I'd inadvertently done something wrong lol.

ETA: Wow... How terribly distasteful must my sense of humor be that I worry about accidentally violating chat rules. hahahahahaha
        - Chris
        "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
        sigpic

Comment

I don't go on chat very often (I sometimes forget it's there) but now that I can't, I really, really want to
          sigpic

Comment

I mostly enjoy chat because it gives me the opportunity to talk in real time without creating an arbitrary thread about nothing in particular... it comes in handy for keeping my finger on the pulse of the forum and the dane community.

Sometimes ya wanna ask a dumb question or seek opinions of others without the formality that a thread comes with
            - Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Well in the interim... I went ahead and made a thread reporting it to admin & mod in the feedback section.
              - Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Walnuts View Post
                I mostly enjoy chat because it gives me the opportunity to talk in real time without creating an arbitrary thread about nothing in particular... it comes in handy for keeping my finger on the pulse of the forum and the dane community.

Sometimes ya wanna ask a dumb question or seek opinions of others without the formality that a thread comes with
                I agree, I like the instant replies. They are good for questions that aren't super important.
                sigpic

Comment

i havent been on chat in FOREVER. i used to spend all day every day there.. how funny.. i stopped working and now I don't have time to chat online

but next time there's people in there, someone send me a text message or a facebook message and let me know.
                  Tracy Miller
                  sigpic
                  Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
                  Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
                  Dog Food Advisor

Comment

Originally posted by silentskream View Post
                    i havent been on chat in FOREVER. i used to spend all day every day there.. how funny.. i stopped working and now I don't have time to chat online

but next time there's people in there, someone send me a text message or a facebook message and let me know.
                    I think there is a thread called "come to chat" or something...
                    sigpic

Comment

yes, but i haven't been on DOL in weeks, and before that months.. so i need a notification mechanism that comes to me
                      Tracy Miller
                      sigpic
                      Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
                      Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
                      Dog Food Advisor

Comment

Maybe more people on chat will give you the incentive to come on DOL more often
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anna N' Hamish View Post
                          I think there is a thread called "come to chat" or something...

Yea... that's what threw up red bells for me. With CHAT not working for me, I went to the 'Come to Chat...' thread to see if the problem was noticed... and nobody had noticed it not working; that's what got me paranoid that it may be just MY account...
                          - Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

I go on chat occasionally, but there is never anyone on but me haha. Stupid timezones!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll check with Paul. It may have become too cost prohibited for the limited amount of use.
                              sigpic
                              In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                              Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Working...
                              X