Any ideas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas...

A co-worker of mine has an older Chihuahua that has been having some issues with her eyes. She tried Benadryl first, but it didn't work. She has been to a few vets and no one can figure out what might be going on. She has been on simplicef for 24 days and also prednisolone for 2 weeks. She started getting better but then when the pred's dose was cut in half, (the second week), the issue flared up again.

Poor thing is miserable, (constantly scratching and rubbing her eyes), and my co-worker is beside herself. She just wants her better. She has two other Chihuahua and they are fine, so it's not anything contagious. Maybe an allergy but nothing has changed at all in her environment.

The next step is an ophthalmologist. I told her my Dane board is great and maybe someone has been through this and can offer some suggestions. Here are a couple of pictures taken tonight...you can see in the second picture, (second post), how swollen her bottom lids are.

Thanks for any insight you guys might be able to offer her...
    Attached Files
    Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Here's the second picture...
    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Awwww - poor baby! How long has your coworker had her?
      -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by lisacp75 View Post
        Awwww - poor baby! How long has your coworker had her?
        Since she was a baby. I think she's 12 years old, but I'm not sure.

sigpic

Comment

When Ferg's allergies cropped up, his hives would go away with a high dose of pred, but as soon as we cut the dose even a little bit, he would break out all over again. Benadryl didn't do anything for it either. Not saying it IS allergies but it could be worth checking into.
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Working...
          X