Chance has an ultrasound tomorrow...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DextersMomma View Post
    How old is he? How did his adrenal glands look? I'd wonder about Cushing's disease in which case one or both would be enlarged.
    Any increased thirst or urination?
    Chance is 11.5 years old. His adrenal glands were not enlarged. He drinks a lot, but he always has, so actually no change there. He does get up more at night to urinate, but that's been the norm since he's been getting older.

I got scared when I heard the word nodule...when I lost Savanah, they said she had several nodules on her liver, (she passed from hemangiosarcoma), and she was Chance's age.

I just know that we'll be watching his liver very, very closely.
    Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

Alkp can go up for a lot of reasons so I usually don't jump up and down about it until around 400 but persistently elevated alt would be more worrisome. In his case, doesn't seem high enough to be too worried at this point. I'd do some s-AME and milk thistle and recheck the values in a month.
      Gall bladder looked ok too?
      sigpic
      Crystal
      Owned by:
      Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
      CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
      Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
      Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

They didn't mention his gall bladder, so I'll ask at his next visit, which is this Monday for his dental, (which I'm extremely nervous about ). He's been doing this weird thing at night, (videos below)...anyone have opinions what it might be? In the videos you'll notice he scratches behind his ears before doing it. Weird.

It makes me even more nervous about his dental, but I want to rule his teeth out for why his liver values are going up. Plus, maybe his teeth are bothering him and that's why he scratches behind his ear and then makes the gagging sound. But he's 11 and the anesthesia scares the he** out of me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_2...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtI0h_Nmjpc

sigpic

Comment

That's retching and it's definitely not normal. I don't know that I'd be comfortable going through with a dental cleaning with him doing that.
          Did the ultrasound get performed by a radiologist?
          Nothing abnormal with his stomach?
          So sorry this is going on, I'm sure you're super worried
          sigpic
          Crystal
          Owned by:

Comment

My kids get referred pain in their ears when they're teething. We think they have an ear infection, then a tooth will pop through.

Comment

Any updates? How's Chance?
              sigpic
              Crystal
              Owned by:

Comment

He seems a lot better. It's been a week since he last made that weird cough.

You know I was thinking that it might have been caused by him licking the carpet. I vacuum once a day, but if you've ever lived with a Golden, you know that there is always hair on your floors. Throw three cats into the mix and forget about it.

Chance will lick the carpet after they all get their treats in the morning and evening. It's been their routine for years, but he just started doing this a couple of months ago. For the past week or so I've been stopping him from doing it and I think it's helped. So maybe he had hair in his throat.

Does that make sense? Would hairball gel help? I know they make it for dogs and I could probably order it from work.

sigpic

Comment

I'd think maybe adding Pepcid or omeprazole to see if the licking gets better in general
                  sigpic
                  Crystal
                  Owned by:

Comment

Working...
                  X