Albert the adoptee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert the adoptee

We just adopted a new cat! We're calling him Albert (formerly Mo). We adopted him at the shelter. He's 10 years old and was surrendered because he wouldn't stay in the house and the landlord didn't want him outside. We plan on keeping him indoors. He's extremely overweight! We'll be putting him on a diet. He's outgoing and friendly so he should get along fine here. The shelter had a promotion going on. All cats over 9 months were only $9!

Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

Oh he's so cute. He definately looks like an Albert lol. Congrats on your new addition.
    Our humane society in st. Cloud has an everyday promotion that any cat over six months you can name your own price (you van literally pay $1.00). And on kittens they occasionally have sales for buy one get one. They used to have so many cats at one time, they'd be out of space and since they started doing the name your own price, the catroom is usually half or even a quarter full sometimes. Its great seeing all of them getting homes.
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Congrats on the new addition! He's a cute chunk
      sigpic
      Chaucey
      Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Congrats on the new addition. Wow $9 that is incredible ....We have some rescues who ask $125 for cats....head scratcher !!!! Shelters ask about $60
        What are the dogs thinking ?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't have a problem with the fees if the rescue does all the vetting. A lot of the rescues around here get shelter transfers which have been vetted by the shelter vet. They don't have to do anything themselves except collect a fee.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          Julie
          Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
          RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
          Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
          sigpic

Comment

We always did the spay/neuter, fiv/felv tests, distemper, rabies, deworming and a flea treatment for $125. It cost us about $90 to do all that to each cat. I feel badly for a shelter who only gets $1 for a cat adoption. How can they help any others on that? Of course, we weren't government funded either, relied solely on donations to keep the doors open.

Your kitty is adorable! I love his face and his color is beautiful.
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
            X