Comfortis for cats...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortis for cats...

I was just wondering if anyone here has used Comfortis on their cats. I use NexGard on my dogs, (which works great), but the topicals just aren't working for one of my cats. My sister used it on her cat and it had a seizure. But, I'm desperate. My little guy is covered, even right after using Advantage.

He's white, (Flame Point), so I know that's an issue, (I've heard white attracts fleas), and I flea comb him at least 3 times a day. My other two cats are fine with the Advantage, may one or two fleas that I've seen.

Thanks!
    Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

I use Revolution - its a topical (I don't do topical's on my dogs)and it works great and keeps their ears mite free too. I have 5 cats and 3 are outside quite a bit but (knock wood) I haven't had an issue. I would give him a dose of Capstar - that will kill everything already on him quick - bomb the house and keep him in until you can give him another dose of what ever you choose to go with

Comment

My cats don't ever go outside, so keeping him in is a given. It was Lucy, (my little Terrier), that would always bring the fleas in, but since I've been using NexGard, she's been completely flea free. They don't seem to go after Chance.

I sprayed the house down last week, but I think I'll have to have someone come in to do it professionally. The drought we're having has made the flea situation here the worst it's been in years! At least I can be thankful that 4 out of my 5 don't have an issue...it's just little Louie.

sigpic

Comment

Comfortis for cats...

We have 2 himmys. One flame, other blue point. Never heard the white flea issue but. Comfortis worked for us. We had a friend who's dog we watched give both cats fleas. Ugh. My blue Point has allergic reaction to flea bites, this was the only thing that helped.

Adding. They are full indoor cats.
        sigpic
        Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
        Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
        In Memory of our beloved Jake
        forever in our hearts

Comment

I know how you feel about flea meds, so you must be pretty desperate! I'm sorry you are having such terrible trouble. We gave my cat Comfortis for years with no issues. She took it all the way up until she passed away at nearly 18 years old. I never had an issue with her. I did make certain she took it with a meal. To ensure this, I would scoop out some canned tuna and she was guaranteed to eat.
          Last edited by Angel7292; 07-29-2015, 07:47 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Put more advantage on him this morning and it seems to be working, (fingers crossed). The fleas I'm pulling off of him are dying already. The first dose I gave him, I didn't get the full tube on him because he's such a wiggle worm. Hopefully this will do it. I swear...the fleas here are bionic!

sigpic

Comment

You could always use Capstar for immediate relief. Won't help long term, but it'll help you get a good head start.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                You could always use Capstar for immediate relief. Won't help long term, but it'll help you get a good head start.
                That's a really good idea. If it doesn't improve dramatically with this second dose, I'll probably do that.

He's such a dork...but I love him.
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X