• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "War Dogs"...interesting article

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article..._dog?page=full
    Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

What a great article! My husband has worked with K9 units frequestly overseas and been on many missions where dogs were jumped in or fast-roped in with the troops. He has seen them save guys lives on many occasions.

As a medic, he had an incident where a dog handler was shot, and the dog guarded that handler! The only way he was able to treat the guy, was he was still alert and able to give the dog a down command, and even then the dog would not get off him. My husband (with the handler talking him through it) muzzled the dog, and then had to have him moved, just so he could treat the handler.

Also, those dogs a treated just like any other souldier. My husband is taught basic Vet medicine, the dogs are treated on site by the unit's medic, and even evacuated out of helicopters should they be injured.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ceciley13 View Post
      Also, those dogs a treated just like any other souldier. My husband is taught basic Vet medicine, the dogs are treated on site by the unit's medic, and even evacuated out of helicopters should they be injured.
      I always wondered about that and am glad to hear from you and from the article kwhit posted that military dogs are being treated like the soldiers they are these days.

Comment

Working...
      X