200+ dogs recovered after Dog Fighting raid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200+ dogs recovered after Dog Fighting raid

I heard about it on the radio this morning and thought I would share an article I just read.

They need to hang everyone of these bastards!!

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...est=latestnews
    Josh, Tuck, and Maya

sigpic

omg that makes me sick.. I wish the penalties we much more than 5 years... god I think if they will torture a dog they would do it to a person.. no respect for life... and most those dogs will be put to sleep because some a** made them mean... ultimately the dog pays and the ppl win.. people = 5 years and $250,000 dogs= beaten tortured abused then killed... no the punnishment doesn't fit the crime

Comment

It angers me so much, but what makes me even more mad, is that they only get "If convicted, each count of the indictment carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or fines up to $250,000"

That is not enough, they can easily leave prison and do it again to other innocent animals.
      sigpic
      Nichole Monahan
      www.ohiogreatdanerescue.org
      www.meetup.com/greatdane-nwohio/

Comment

This happened in MY backyard (well my city) and it makes me sick. CL is just overflowing with Pits and Pit mixes - probably mostly from this arena. I wonder how many of the animals will have to be put down? I seem to remember that it is a very high amount when taken in these circumstances.

the names of the kennels should be scary enough to keep /warn people away...

"Ruppel ran Ozark Hillbillys Kennel, Morgan ran Cannibal Kennel, and Creach ran Hard Goodbye Kennel."

Comment

They arrested 50 people and rescued, at last count, 350 dogs. I'm afraid most of them will have to be put down because of their aggression. Maybe some of them can be rehabilitated. Poor things.
          sigpicOwned by Brindle (8 yr old GD), Damage (Hay's Blue Ghost, 2 yr old GD), Katie (Wind River's Harley LadyRanger, 3 yr old GD) and Luna (10 yr old evil black cat).

Comment

Originally posted by JDSmith619 View Post
            They need to hang everyone of these bastards!!
            Yep....from the highest tree!!!

I feel so sorry for the dogs, but even being pts would be better than the lives they had.

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

Originally posted by raynefalls View Post
              They arrested 50 people and rescued, at last count, 350 dogs. I'm afraid most of them will have to be put down because of their aggression. Maybe some of them can be rehabilitated. Poor things.
              Doubt most of them need any "rehabilitation". That's PETA and HSUS bullcrap there. Any pit bull regardless of where it came from can be dog aggressive, it's a normal trait of the breed. Problem is there is no place that can take in 400+ pit bulls.

Comment

I remember the majority of the pitbulls taken in the Michael Vick case were adopted out and only a handful were put down. I know that is a different circumstance because the publicity on that was huge. I have to agree everyday I look at craigslist... i do not know why but I do, and there are 5times the amount of pit bulls and pit mixes of any other dog. It makes me wonder if there are even homes for that many right now with the economy struggling and people feeling the strain.
                sigpic

Comment

Ya I saw the show on Nat Geo about all the Vick pups going to new homes....it was pretty amazing how fast they made the transition. But it makes you wonder if a Dog that was aggressive at one do they ever actually get rid of that trait.
                  Josh, Tuck, and Maya

sigpic

Comment

The difference should be if they are people aggressive vs dog aggressive. Dog aggressive can be modified a bit and managed (i.e. only dog, no dog parks, etc) where people aggression would not be safe to adopt out. Fighting pits usually are not people aggressive as they are frequently handled before and during fights. I believe the rule is the opposing dogs owner baths the dogs prior to the fight to guarantee no chemicals etc are on the dog. Now, they are woefully undersocialized I am sure.

The bait dogs however, are probably not near as used to people and I could see a lot of fear aggression being there (and rightfully so!)

Comment

Also just read an article that people's dogs have been disappearing for months surrounding the St. Jo area and it was believed that these men were stealing them to use as bait dogs.

If JA decided to steal Tuck I can say with 100% certainty he would get a bullet in the head!
                      Josh, Tuck, and Maya

sigpic

Comment

"Bait dogs"? Lol. HSUS bullcrap again, it's a good ploy to beg for money that they started and now only streetfighting thugs would believe. How is killing a "bait dog" going to make a pit a better fighter? Heck when they raided one guy the HSUS claimed his house pet chihuahua was probably a bait dog. It's a load of crap, that one was found innocent but they'd already put down his dogs, including the puppies born in the shelter. Happened a few times now, making pit bull owners pretty paranoid. They are passing laws that pay $10,000 to turn in dogfighters, but by their "how to identify dogfighters" manual just about anyone who owns the breed qualifies.

Comment

absolutely sickening
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X