Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiny Stray Kitten...with swelling...advice please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Stray Kitten...with swelling...advice please!

A tiny stray kitten (approx. 4-5 weeks old) wandered up into my backyard a few days ago. She seems to be healthy, but she has this swelling right above her left hip joint. It gets huge, then goes down, then gets huge again. She doesn't seem to have any problems with her hip or leg at all, and doesn't act like it hurts her when I touch it or mess with it.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

I also have what I think is her sister now...who showed up Friday. She is bigger than "Cinder" (Cinder is the tiny solid gray kitty). Chaos is a long haird calico, and very wild. She is just now letting us pet her. Cinder is the sweetest, most loving little kitten, and as soon as I can save up a little money, I will take them both to the vet.
    sigpic
    RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
    Levi...born June 29th, 2011
    Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
    Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

RE: Tiny Stray Kitten...with swelling...advice please!

with a kitten this young it is hard to tell. at first i thought reading this that she might have a bite or a tick in that area that she is allergic to but if the swelling keeps comming back the i'm not sure.

you might want to call your local shelter tell them the situation and they might have someone look at it. WITHOUT you having to surrender her. i'm not sure where you live but here if a kitten that young comes in without a momma they look for any reason to PTS so if your thinking of surrendering her i'd "foster" her for at least 3 weeks before taking her in.

at 3 weeks momma wouldn't have let her leave, you can look at her claws, belly button, eyes, teeth and stool and for the most part be able to pin-point her age. feel free to email me and i might be able to help you with that (i breed dom. clouded bangel cats).

good luck
    Broken_kitten@earthlink.net

Comment

RE: Tiny Stray Kitten...with swelling...advice please!

Thanks for the response. I sent you an email.
      sigpic
      RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
      Levi...born June 29th, 2011
      Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
      Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
      https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
      X