Friday will be a sad, sad day...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday will be a sad, sad day...

Friday afternoon I am having my old dog boxer PTS. ;( ;( ;( ;( This is possibly the hardest decision that I have ever had to make. This morning when I woke up I found a pile of vomit. When I went to clean it up it had blood in it. I continued to find 3 more piles with the blood in it. I immediately called the vet and brought Tyson in. When I brought him in she drew blood work and gave him some fluids. I picked him up at lunch and brought him home. He is resting comfortably now and has actually ate a small amount of boiled hamburger and rice. The vet just called me and said that his enlarged heart is putting alot of extra pressure on his stomach and other organs and is actually starting to "suffocate" his stomach. I asked her to give me until Friday with him and she agreed. I have to take him in on Friday at 5:30. I am taking off work all day on Friday to spend with him and take him to his favorite park and to see a couple of his dog friends one last time.

I just can't stop bawling knowing that he is not going to be with me after this week. He is my first dog that I have owned by myself. I have had him since he was 5 weeks old and he has been the best dog that one could ask for. ;( ;( ;(
    ~Amy~

RE: Friday will be a sad, sad day...

I am so, so, sorry. I understand completely what you are going through...all too well actually.

I'll send you my number again..just in case. Definitely call me if you need a shoulder!

Comment

Thanks Michelle. I just sent you a PM.

Amy, LucyLu (Mantle Dane) and TyTy (Brindle Boxer)
      ~Amy~

Comment

I'm sorry you have to go through this.
        Its never easy and never gets any easier.

I think its a wonderful thing you are doing for your baby.. taking the day off and treasuring the time you have left together.

Take care!

http://www.6stardanes.com/dolkiddos.jpg[br][font color=darkgreen]Rachel C. in Southern CA[/font>[br][FONT COLOR=SADDLEBROWN]
        Feeding raw since Dec 2000[/FONT][br]
        [a href="http://www.6stardanes.com"]Visit Us Here[/a]
        Rachel C. of Sixstar Danes
        Click here to see our Youtube videos.
        Feeding raw since Dec 2000

Comment

So sorry but your letting your baby go peacefuly.Sending thoughts prayers and hugs.

http://www.xceldanes.com/lisa.jpg
          www.xceldanes.com
          sigpicLisa
          www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Thanks guys for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

Amy, LucyLu (Mantle Dane) and TyTy (Brindle Boxer)
            ~Amy~

Comment

I am so sorry. You are doing the kindest thing for him tho. I know it isn't easy, but it's the least we can do for our beloved pets when they are suffering. Will be thinking of you on Friday.

V~ & Kritters http://kritterkorner.com/piggyspad/i...miles/1072.gif
              In memory of Henry~Forever in my heart my sweet boy.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
              - Joseph Joubert

Comment

Awww, I am crying right now. You are doing a wonderful thing. I hope that Friday brings you and your baby as much peace as possible. Take pics, hug and kiss him all day long, don't stop hugging and kissing him. The one thing I regret about putting my old girl down is that I spent our last moments together bawling my eyes out instead of loving on her as much as I wanted too.

I am wishing you as much peace as one person can possibly handle, we are all here for you and know what you are going through.

Comment

Amy, I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have a great day planned for him on Friday. Try to make the best of the rest of your time with him by making as many more good memories as you can. I know I wanted to cry all the time as Delilah's day to leave us approached.

We squeezed all of her favorite things into her last few days, and I have good memories from them to comfort me now. I hope you can find comfort in your memories. Wishing you the strength to get through the week and to heal afterwards. If you need anything, please let me know.

Comment

I am so sorry... try to enjoy your Friday as best you can, enjoy your time with him, instead of feeling sad. Easier said than done, I know. -We are waiting to have my Safron PTS as well.. it's a matter of months. Her stroke/seizure things have gotten much worse, and the other day she was so stressed out, she refused to eat breakfast. She is having a much more difficult time getting up and down the stairs.. and last night just stood at the bottom and cried.

-So, you know what we did? We shaved off all her "old dog" Lab coat (which was very thick and quite uncomfortable for her)... so she will be able to enjoy her final summer as any old dog should -nice and cool. -We had her swimming this morning, and she seemed to love it so much! As this time, she could actually feel the water. She looks absolutly silly... but she is much happier. I figure she can look as silly as she wants, as long as she's happy, and she is..

-We're trying our hardest not to think about "whats to come".. instead, we're doing everything we can to make her happy, and allow her to enjoy her final few months. It's almost a blessing.. we have been able to prepare for this (for a long time)..

-If you need anything, please let me know. I cant promise I wont cry right along with you.. but I really do understand.
                    We'll keep you both in our prayers..

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ecodolicon.jpg

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience"

Comment

Thanks guys! Everytime I come back to this thread I start bawling! I am just dreading Friday!

Tiffany - take care of your old girl for me! I know how much she means to you. Bless you for shaving her and making her as comfortable as possible.

Amy
                      ~Amy~

Comment

My heart goes out to you

Comment

it is a sad day that you are facing and think about it this way you do have the blessing to make your boy's last days as lovly and build memories with him that will carry you though the hard times ahead. take long walks and give him a cheeseburger (my pits fav) or what ever you think his belly can handlle that he loves.

you and Tyson are in my prayers and thoughts. may God be with you, your family and your beloved Tyson

Comment

I am sad to announce that Tyson was PTS today. My husband called me home from work to say that he was throwing up more blood. I came home from work and called the vet. She let me bring him in this afternoon instead of waiting until tomorrow. He didn't fuss or fight - he just laid on the table very calmly. I think he knew what was going on. I am both relieved and saddened at the same time.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support throughout this entire ordeal! My family appreciates it.

Here is a picture of him that was taken a couple weeks ago.
                            http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/ashielu/Olddog.jpg

Rest in Peace my sweet, old boy...mama loves you!

Amy
                            ~Amy~

Comment

I am so sorry. It's so hard to bear. Rest in peace Tyson.
                              ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X