Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Fighting Arrests--LIST of people to be AWARE off!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wins and losses" included in the online pedigrees

I noticed that apbt.online-pedigrees.com allows users to include the "wins and losses" of the dogs. "6XW OTC" indicates that the dog has won 6 fights "off the chain".

Another example:

So it's not just a few people abusing their dogs, because the whole website is set up to allow people to brag about their dogfighting records.
    Last edited by dolmod; 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Has this been turned into the police? Are they not aware this is going on??
      sigpic

Comment

I tried to check out other parts of the website, but I was blocked. DogFightingIsNotAGame, how are you gaining access to this site? And yes, have the police been informed?
        Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
        - Anatole France

Comment

They have forums there, but it costs $30 to post or to use their search features. But I'm not a member, I don't want to give them any money even if it's for my own snooping purposes. The only way I know of to find a particular pedigree page is to google the name of the dog or the owner.

But I think some of the same people go to and you can browse those forums without registering.

I haven't reported anything to the police, I'm not sure what to tell them when all I have is some internet links and no solid proof.
          Last edited by dolmod; 11-07-2009, 02:45 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Im sure you could send some of the links etc to an animal cruelty task force. They wiill do the digging and determine if it needs looking into hopefully. This past summer the Humane Society of Missouri did a huge multi-state raid and rescued over 500 dogs....most of whom are in rehab right now to be adopted out.

Comment

I emailed these people, they have information on the same dogfighting raid that this thread is about. Hopefully they'll get something rolling about that online pitbull pedigree site.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/1908/GA/US/

Comment

I know this is off the specific topic.... but I was watching a video online about dog fighting and it was a FAMILY EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Some hillbilly family had a dog fight going on with their little girl stading there watching!!!!! She was such a cute little blonde haired girl with her finger in her mouth just watching..... I hate people!

Sarah

sigpic

Comment

OMG that is so sad...that list is way too big.

Comment

Originally posted by DogFightingIsntAGame View Post
                    I don't know if he was convicted for that particular incident, but if he was, shouldn't there be some legal restrictions on his involvement with dog ownership, breeding, or selling?

In our county here in Alabama, after you have been convicted of dog fighting, the judge can ban you from owning any dogs in that county only. It's difficult to enforce, because their are no random home checks, but if someone who is aware of the situation and cares enough to report you, then you get in "trouble". Also, many will keep their dogs in another county so that they can't get in trouble.

Comment

Online Pedigree's isn't just for dogfighting you know... my pit bull is on the site too. It's usually used for ADBA registered dogs, just like an online database to find out a dog's background. Yes, some people put wins/losses and such, but just because a dog is there doesn't mean it's owner is a bad person... Chico's pedigree:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...&dog_id=196022

Edited to Add:
                      A lot of the dogs there are legitimate SHOW dogs. Look far back in my dog's pedigree, you will see some VERY good dogs there, a lot of them are UKC and AKC dogs, NOT dogs that were fought.
                      Last edited by BaileyBear; 11-11-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

The site allows people to include how many fights their dog has won, as part of the pedigree. So IMO that means the site is allowing people to use it as a tool to promote dog fighting.

But the pet abuse website never emailed me back, so I guess there's not much to be done about it. Thanks to everyone who commented.

Comment

Working...
                        X